Imagine having the convenience of a computerized electronic slow cooker with the old world clay cooking tradition to maximize nutrition and flavor? Marrying these two concepts, the VitaClay® Smart Organic Multicooker does just that! Now, there’s no need to compromise ease, nutrients, and taste with the VitaClay® product line.
VitaClay® generously sent me a complementary 8 cup VitaClay® Smart Organic Multicooker to put to the test in my own whole foods kitchen. And the results were nothing less than stellar! Now I see why the VitaClay® has been voted “Best Slow Cooker Award!” by Good Housekeeping, named “Pot of Gold” by Wired Magazine, and claimed “A MUST HAVE for any whole foods kitchen!” by the National Association of Nutritional Professionals (NANP).
I was impressed to learn that the VitaClay® Smart Organic Multicooker:
- Locks in vitamins and minerals
- Helps retain juices and nutrients
- Provides even, consistent cooking
- Delivers superior flavor and texture
- Has different preset functions, including stew, soup, and yogurt
- Can be used to cook a variety of foods such as rice, steamed vegetables, pot roast, and probiotic-rich yogurt
- Can be programmed with a delayed start time (this is not easy to find with most slow cookers)
- Programmable with 10 minute increments (this offers much more cooking precision than conventional slow cookers with 30 minute increments)
- Automatically shifts to the keep warm setting once food is done to prevent burning
- Easy push-button controls and easy-to-read LCD display/clock to let you “set and forget”
- Cooks up to 4 times faster than conventional slow cookers
- Can be used to reheat food
- Offers a non-toxic cooking method that is free of metals and chemicals commonly found in glazes and non-stick coatings
- Uses an all-natural liner made of unglazed Zisha clay
After unwrapping the VitaClay® Smart Organic Multicooker and reading the manual, the most complicated part was deciding what to make first! I still have a list going with all of the items I plan on making, in addition, to updating the cooking instructions for many of my tried and true slow cooker recipes. However, I settled on an old time favorite that I was craving: Manhattan Clam Chowder.
From organic tomatoes to an assortment of herbs and spices to wild-caught shucked clams, the finest ingredients went into the Cadillac of slow cookers to create a crowd-pleasing, “wowser” Manhattan Clam Chowder. The flavors melded perfectly, and the ideal tenderness of the farm-fresh carrots and diced potatoes were achieved.
Developing this recipe from scratch without ever having made Manhattan Clam Chowder, I thought for sure it would be a trial run. However, my non-partisan recipe testers said I “hit it head on,” “nailed it,” and “this is the best clam chowder I’ve ever had.” When I requested any suggestions for modifications, I was assured that there weren’t any. Even after prodding my recipe testers for one itsy bitsy recommendation, I was instructed not to change a thing. And my recipe testers would not leave unless I promised to share the recipe with them.
What will I be making next? Probiotic-rich non-dairy coconut yogurt for sure!
Overall, I am extremely pleased with the VitaClay® Smart Organic Multicooker, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a non-toxic multicooker, even those who already own a slow cooker. It’s great for anyone who wishes to maximize nutrition and flavor while taking positive steps to improve health, all while reducing the time spent in the kitchen. VitaClay® is the Cadillac of multicookers!