MAKE YOUR OWN ELECTROLYTE DRINK
An electrolyte drink is essential for rehydrating after intense training or competition in the heat, for hydrating a day or two before a sports event, and for preventing or recovering from the dehydration caused by illness.
- 16 ounces filtered water
- 1 large or two small oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp liquid trace minerals *optional
- 1 Tbsp raw honey (use maple syrup for children under 12 months of age) *optional
- Juice the orange and the lemon.
- Mix the fresh juices with the sea salt, honey (maple syrup), and optional trace minerals.
- Blend the juice mixture with filtered water in a tall glass.
- Serve electrolyte replacement at room temperature, NOT cold as this inhibits absorption.
- Sip and drink half within about one hour. Consume the rest as needed.
Refrigerate remainder of juice. Use within 2-3 days. Remember to bring to room temperature before drinking.
WILL YOU MAKE YOUR OWN ELECTROLYTE DRINK? SHAE IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!
The Healthy Home Economist. Accessed 15 Dec 2018: https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/homemade-electrolyte-replacement/