Chocolate and nut butter is a combination close to my heart. My dear brother, Andrew, grew up loving Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. And he challenged me to make them homemade for him. What’s his little sis to do? Get cooking (as a young gal) to put my skills to the test, of course!
My recipe developed over the years from the not-so-healthy (let’s not mention the first trial of spreading peanut butter between two Wilton Milk Chocolate Candy Melts) into what is now a family favorite (healthy and nourishing).
Dark chocolate and almond butter are a perfect match. Together they make delicious, healthy Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups treats to make your Halloween extra sweet.
But there’s no need to fear scary “frankenfood” ingredients in packaged Halloween candy because great tasting alternatives make them easy to avoid.
These Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups pack a punch of protein from the almond butter and antioxidants from the chocolate. The almond butter and dark chocolate combination offer nutrients such as vitamin E, magnesium, manganese, potassium, copper, and iron. Sweetened with stevia, these Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups won’t spike your blood sugar either.
Looking for more ways to enjoy chocolate?
And don’t forget candy alternatives to make your Halloween ghoulishly fun:
- Play Hide and Seek
- Paint pumpkins (paint one teal…see the bonus below)
- Make Jack-o’-lanterns
- Go on an haunted hayride
- Bob for apples (organic!) using individual basins or bowls to
- Play the mummy wrapping game (make two teams, select one person on each team to be the mummy, and have each team wrap the “mummy” in toilet paper; whichever team finishes first wins)
- Give out glow sticks, bracelets, and necklaces
- Give out stickers
- Give out pencils and erasers
- Blow bubbles
- Make finger puppets
- Enjoy hot herbal pumpkin spiced tea sweetened with a few drops of stevia
- Color Halloween-themed coloring pages
- Read a book (Frankenstein, anyone?)
- Make a scarecrow
Bonus: Take the pledge and join the Teal Pumpkin Project™ to help create a safe, fun Halloween for all trick-or-treaters.
Now you’re prepared to celebrate a Halloween with healthy sweet treats that won’t leave you looking ghostly, acting witchy, or experiencing post-indulgence tummy aches.