- Before bed, wet a pair of thin, cotton anklets in cold water.
- Wring out excess water and place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Put the socks on your feet.
- Pull a pair of heavy wool socks over the anklets and climb into bed.
- Cover well; sleep all night with the socks on.
What’s your favorite natural way to alleviate congestion? Share in the comments below!
Bastyr University. “Dive ‘Feet First’ Into Wellness With a Natural Remedy.” Accessed July 2015. http://m.bastyr.edu/news/health-tips/2009/11/dive-feet-first-wellness-natural-remedy
Mooventhan, A., and L. Nivethitha. “Scientific Evidence-Based Effects of Hydrotherapy on Various Systems of the Body.” North American Journal of Medical Sciences 6, no. 5 (May 2014): 199–209. doi: 10.4103/19472714.132935.
Options Naturopathic Clinic. “Magic or Warming Socks.” Accessed July 2015. http://www.optionsnaturopathic.com/magic_or_warming_socks.php